Chicken in Sherry and Cream Sauce
1. Cut the small fillet from the chicken and put them in baking parchment.
2.Give them a good bashing with your rolling pin if you don't have a mallet.
3. Coat the chicken in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Fry in olive oil for about 5 minutes then put into an oven proof dish. If you want to cook this later in the day put the cooked chicken in the fridge.
4. Slice the mushrooms (I peel them) and cube some smokey pork. Fry the pork for 5 minutes then add the mushrooms and continue to fry for 3 minutes.
5. Measure the sherry and stock.
6. Add the Sherry and scrape the bottom of the pan. Simmer until the Sherry has reduced to half then add the stock and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the cream and continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Pour the sauce oven the chicken or put it in the fridge if using later.
7. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Cover the dish with foil and cook the chicken for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with some fresh chopped parsley and serve with pasta (or rice if you prefer) and a green salad.
I like to serve this dish with pasta, wine and friends.
Note: The ingredients listed are for two just double up etc. for more.