We like warm muffins for late breakfasts in the garden ..........
- 10 ozs plain flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 3 ozs. sugar
- 10 fl.ozs. milk
- 3 fl.ozs. sunflower oil
- 1 egg
- 4 ozs. dried fruits/choc chips of your choice
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C
- 2 Put paper muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- 3 Sieve the flour & baking powder. Mix in the sugar & fruits/choc.
- 4 Lightly combine the egg, oil & milk. Don't overmix here - just enough to combine the egg.
- 5 Tip this into the dry stuff and mix VERY lightly - it doesn't matter if it's lumpy. Beating will ruin the muffins.
- 6 Put in the cases and bake for about 20 mins. til golden & cracked on the top.
7 Cool for 5 mins before tipping out and eating ........ sorry, storing.
Tip: Muffins don't have a lot of fat so tend to stick to the paper cases - just give them a light spray of oil.