|I love Pumpkin Soup and I love roasted Butternut Squash so I made a soup with both - it was delicious. We ate it with *Carrot and Cheese Muffins* and crusty rolls on the first day I felt Autumn in the air.|
- Approx. 2 lbs of pumpkin of your choice - I used a small Hokkaido and half of a Butternut Squash
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 2 onions
- 4 carrots
- 1 apple
- 3 potatoes
- Garlic - optional. I like garlic but only used 1 clove
- 2 litres of vegetable stock
- Herbs of your choice
- Pinch of cumin, chili, cinnamon and salt
- In a large pan saute the finely chopped onions slowly in the oil. While they are cooking prepare all the other vegetables chopping them into fairly equal sized pieces.
- Add garlic, apple and all the vegetables to the onions.
- Add the spices and seasonings. Vary these to your own taste.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and then simmer gently until all the vegetables are soft.
- Puree with a stick blender and adjust the seasoning.
- Add extra stock, milk or cream if the soup is too thick.
- Lovely served with crusty rolls and *Carrot and Cheese Muffins*.