Carrot cake has to be one of the favourite cakes in the Scullery - try cooking the basic cake mix in Muffin tins for a change.
Carrot Cake Muffins
- 150 grams white flour
- 50 grams wholemeal flour
- 1 teasp. baking powder
- 1 teasp. cinnamon
- 100 grams white sugar
- 100 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams raisins or sultanas
- 25 grams pecan nuts
- 40 grams coconut
- 200 grams grated carrots
- 150 mls sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- Heat the oven to 180°C and put paper cases into a muffin tin.
- Sieve together the first four ingredients - a pinch of salt can be added if wanted.
- Whisk the eggs for 2 - 3 mins until foamy then whisk in the sugar. Keep whisking until the mix is thick and pale.
- Slowly add the oil whisking continuously.
- Using a metal spoon very gently fold and cut the flour into the eggs.
- Add the fruits, nuts and carrots again 'cutting' the ingredients into the mix.*
- Divide the mix between the paper cases.
- Bake for 25 - 30 minutes until the muffins are well risen and golden.
- Leave in the tin to cool for 5 mins then turn them out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Icing or frosting can be added when the cakes are cold if wanted.