Pumpkin Soup* but they would be good with any soup or maybe even a bean based casserole.
Cheese and Carrot Muffins
- 10 ozs. S.R. flour
- 2 teasps. baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 3 fluid ozs. sunflower oil
- 2 large eggs
- 10 fluid ozs. milk
- 3 ozs. grated carrots
- 4 ozs. gouda cheese
- Chopped herbs
- 1 teasp. caraway seeds
- Heat the oven to 200°C and grease a 12 hole muffin tin or line with paper cases if you prefer.
- Sieve the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Lightly combine the egg, oil & milk. Don't overmix here - just enough to combine the egg.
- Add the carrots, caraway seeds and chopped herbs to the flour.
- Tip the milk mixture into the dry stuff and mix VERY lightly - it doesn't matter if it's lumpy. Beating will ruin the muffins.
- Put a good tablesp. of the batter in the muffin tins - approx. half fill - and put a cube of cheese on top.
- Put the remainder of the carrot batter on the top of the cheese and sprinkle over some grated Parmesan.
- Bake for 20 mins. til firm and cracked on the top.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 mins. before cooling on a wire rack.