There's some things that take me straight back to my school days and Cheese and onion pie is one of them. I have fond memories of my school dinners, I loved them. We were lucky enough to have our meals cooked on the premises by a 'Mumsy' type cook so the food was (almost) always nice.
- Short Crust *Pastry*
- 4 ozs. Cheese - grated
- 2 large onions - chopped
- 2 tablesps. single cream or milk
- Gently saute the onions until they're cooked but not brown. This may take up to 20 mins.
- Line a plate with *pastry*. Heat the oven to 180° C.
- Put the cooled onions on the pastry.
- Add the cheese over the onions.
- Sprinkle over the cream or milk.
- Add black pepper.
- Cover with the rest of the pastry and decorate the top if you want to.
- Brush with milk or egg wash and cook for around 25 mins.