An impressive but easy meal that's perfect to serve for a crowd. The filling and sauce can be made beforehand - or even the day before - leaving hardly anything to do later. Serve with sour cream and salsa.
Spicy Beef Enchiladas
- 300 grams. lean minced beef
- 1 red pepper - chopped
- Some green beans
- Some sweetcorn
- 1 small courgette
- 1 teasp. each of cumin, smoked paprika, chili
- 1 portion of Spicy Enchilada Sauce - my recipe *here*
- 5 large or 8 medium tortillas
- 6 ozs. grated cheese
- Dry fry the minced beef quite briskly for 5 mins - drain any fat away if necessary. Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Add the onion and other vegetables and continue to cook for another 5 mins - keep stirring.
- Add seasonings and remove from the heat after 2 mins.
- Put a small amount of the spicy sauce over the bottom of a shallow dish.
- Take the tortillas and put some meat/veg mixture down the middle, then some cheese and finally some sauce.
- Roll up the tortillas firmly and lay seam side down in the dish.
- Cover with the rest of the sauce and cover in foil.
- Cook for 30 minutes then remove from the oven
- Sprinkle over the rest of the cheese and put the dish back into the oven for 10 mins. or just long enough to melt the cheese.