Spicy Chicken Kebabs
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- Thumb sized piece of ginger chopped
- Zest of 2 satsumas
- Half a red onion
- Juice from the 2 satsumas
- 2 teasps. maple syrup (or runny honey)
- 1 tablesp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 dessertsp. soy sauce - light is better
- 1 red pepper cut into 10 pieces
- 1 green pepper cut into 10 pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 button mushrooms
- 2 skinless chicken breasts - cubed
- 10 small wooden kebab sticks
- Put the first 4 ingredients into a small processor and process until well blended.
- Add the next 4 ingredients and blend again.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces and leave overnight in the fridge. *
- Soak the wooden kebab sticks for a couple of hours in water to stop them from burning.
- Alternate the vegetables and chicken onto the sticks.
- Heat your griddle pan to medium hot and cook the kebabs for around 10 minutes on each side. **
- Turn the kebabs at least 4 times and each time baste with the remaining marinade. Ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
(Click on any photo to enlarge)
* Overnight is better but 2 hours is O.K. if you're pushed for time.
** The exact time will vary with the temperature of your griddle pan and the size of the chicken cubes. Ensure the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Serve with your favourite dips and sauces.