We had this tonight – a mish-mash really but it went down a treat in the end. We ate it with pasta AND (can you believe it) tortillas – a hit and recorded here for that reason! .....
Bean Pasta Chili Sauce
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 1 teasp. olive oil
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 1-2 chilis (any) - chopped
- 1 red pepper
- 1 other colour pepper
- 1 courgette - chopped
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 1 tin kidney beans - drained & rinsed
- Chili powder - 1 teasp. or to taste
- Pasta to serve - or tortilla with soured cream and cheese to serve (Mexican style)
- Fry the onion, then add the garlic.
- Add the chili & peppers - cook 2 minutes.
- Add courgettes & chili powder - cook 2 minutes.
- Add sauce and cook gently til you're ready to eat.
- Serve with pasta or (and) tortillas, sour cream and grated cheese - Mexican style.
- *** Use this sauce as you like - it's good as listed above but use with mashed potatoes - Shepherds Pie style - or with rice. It's just a versatile, economical mid-week meal from the fridge and store cupboard.