|I came across the most delicious rice recipe ever - here Anybody who knows the first thing about me will tell you I don't 'do' rice .... I don't like rice, I find it boring and totally .... well, a waste of plate space. That was, until I tried this recipe .....|
Pineapple Fried Rice with Pork Chop(s)
- PORK CHOP(S)
- Small amount olive oil
- 1 large onion - sliced
- Pork Chop(s)
- 4 tblsps. soy sauce
- 1 tblsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp. hot chili sauce
- 1 tblsp. runny honey
- 1 tblsp. pineapple sauce
- Cooked rice - 180gram weight of uncooked rice*
- 2 garlic cloves - crushed
- 1-2 large egg(s)
- 1 red pepper -chopped
- 1 chili - chopped - optional
- Frozen peas - thawed
- Mushrooms - chopped optional
- 5 rings sliced pineapple - chopped
- 1-2 tblsps. soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan.
- Add the seasoned pork chop(s) and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the sliced onion and cook for a few minutes until they start to just go brown.
- Add the remaining 5 ingredients and give everything a good mix around.
- Cook for around 7-8 minutes or until the chop(s) is cooked.
- Remove the chop(s) and keep warm and cook the sauce for a couple more minutes on a fairly high heat to thicken.
- Taste and adjust the sauce to your taste. I added a little more hot sauce and pineapple juice.
- Pour over the chop(s) and keep warm while you do the rice.
- Fry the garlic in a small amount of oil.
- Break in the egg(s) and mix with chopsticks to make rough scrambled egg(s).
- Add the other vegetables and stir fry quickly for 2-3 minutes until cooked.
- Add 1 tblsp. soy sauce.
- Add the rice and stir fry everything together until the rice is hot.
- Add a little more soy and/or pineapple juice if needed.
- Add the pineapple and continue to cook for another minute or two.
(Click on any photo to enlarge)
This is how we ate this meal and it was delicious - I'll be making it with chicken soon. For anyone who has vegetarians and meat eaters to feed this meal is suitable for everyone. The rice is substantial enough on it's own - I thoroughly enjoyed the rice with the onions.