An easy mid week meal and economical too. Serve on its own or with a green vegetable - brocolli's good with this. For vegetarians you could substitute the minced beef with quorn mince.
Minced Beef & Vegetable Bake
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 250 grams extra lean minced beef
- 2 tablesps. tomato puree
- 1 teasp. dried basil
- 1 teasp. dried marjoram or oregano
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 courgette diced
- 10 fl. ozs. stock
- 1 ball mozarrella
- Slice the potatoes - not too thinly. Par boil for 10 minutes.
- Fry the onions in the oil until they start to soften.
- Add the mince and garlic and fry until the mince is browned - about 5 mins, stirring.
- Add the tomato puree and mix well.
- Add the pepper and courgette and continue to cook, stirring for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and gently mix in the drained potatoes.
- Put the whole lot into a baking dish and pour the stock over.
- Cover with foil and cook in a pre-heated oven - 180°C - for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and put the sliced mozarella on the top.
- Return to the oven for 10 minutes or so until the cheese has melted.
- * A meal in itself but good with brocolli too.