A simple but indulgent starter or light lunch if served with a salad.
- Camembert in a wooden box
- Clove of garlic
- A few sprigs of thyme or rosemary
- Honey or white wine
- Garlic bread to serve
- Remove the wax paper from the Camembert and put it back in the box. I put tin foil under mine but found it wasn't necessary.
- Thinly slice a garlic clove.
- Make 8 small slits around the Camembert about 1 inch from the edge.
- Poke slices of garlic and small amounts of thyme (or rosemary) into the slits.
- Make 3 two inch slits in the centre area of the cheese.
- Drizzle a teaspoon of honey or tablespoon of wine over the top of the cheese.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until the top of the cheese has risen slightly and is soft to the touch.
- Don't be tempted to leave the Camembert too long in the oven as the cheese will begin to harden again. Check every 2 minutes after the first 12 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread, breadsticks, pita bread or chunks of rustic bread.