A nice little salad that makes a change from the usual leaves. Chinese leaves are good eaten raw as well as cooked in stir-fries. Add some carrots, spring onions and a citrus dressing for a salad with a difference.
Chinese Leaf Salad
- Half a head of Chinese leaves.
- 2 carrots grated
- 4 spring onions chopped
- 1 tablesp. sesame seeds
- 2 fluid ozs. orange juice
- 2 tablesps. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablesp. very finely chopped red onion
- 2 teasps. red wine vinegar
- 2 teasps. honey
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the sesame seeds in a small dry frying pan until they begin to toast.
- Finely slice the Chinese leaves and mix with the carrot & onion.
- Put the salad into a serving bowl and sprinkle over the sesame seeds.
- Add some rocket.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a small screw topped jar and shake like mad.
- Dress with a small amount of the dressing & serve the remainder separately.