We had ours with hummous, cheese, flat bread and a green salad.
Moroccan Tomato Salad
- 5 tomatoes - I used Roma
- Half a bunch spring onions
- Small piece of cucumber
- 10 green olives (optional)
- 2 tablesp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablesp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- salt & black pepper
- 1 level teasp. Ras-el-Hanout
- First make the dressing by putting the last 6 ingredients into a small screw topped jar and shake like mad.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and remove the seeds. Cut into small pieces.
- Chop the spring onions and cucumber.
- Cut the olives (if using) in half.
- Combine all these in a bowl and pour over the dressing. Leave in the fridge to infuse for an hour at least.
- Arrange chopped lettuce on a platter and carefully pile the tomato mix on top.
- Finish it off by adding some rocket & torn basil.
- We had ours with hummous, cheese, flat bread and a green salad.