Moroccan Spiced Vegetable Tagine
- 1 tablesp. olive oil
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Half teasp. cinnamon
- Half teasp. ground cumin
- Half teasp. ground coriander
- 1 teasp. dried chili flakes
- 2 teasps. Ras-el-Hanout
- 1 tablesp. tomato puree
- 150 grams carrots cut into chunks
- 150 grams courgettes cut into chunks
- 150 grams butternut squash cut into chunks
- 50 grams dried apricots
- 50 grams golden sultanas & dates
- 100 grams chopped tomatoes
- Half tin of chickpeas - I used brown ones
- 1 tablesp. lemon juice
- 1 heaped teasp. runny honey
- 200 mls. vegetable stock
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oil and saute the onions for 5 mins until starting to soften.
- Add the garlic, spices and tomato puree and fry for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, courgettes and squash and stir well to coat with the onion/spice mix.
- Add the tomatoes, lemon juice, dried fruits, chickpeas, honey and stock and stir well.
- Cook covered for 4-5 hours on HIGH or 6-8 hours on LOW.
- * Serve with harissa spiced couscous, yogurt, a small bowl of harissa and flatbread.
Served with Harissa spiced couscous.
Adapted from The Gordon Ramsay Slow Cooker and Tagine recipe book.