Chorizo and Bean Soup
- 150 grams brown lentils
- 125 grams Chorizo sliced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 hot chilis chopped
- 1 tin chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tin kidney beans in chili sauce
- 1 tin good quality tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200 mls chicken stock
- 2 teasps. mixed herbs
- 2 tablesps. small pasta shapes
- Cook the lentils according to the pack instructions.
- Fry the chorizo for a couple of minutes to release some oil.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili and continue to fry for a minute or so.
- Add the chickpeas and kidney beans.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and herbs.
- Add the pasta if using.
- Simmer for 15 minutes then add the lentils and simmer for a further 10 mins.
- Lovely on a chilly Autumn evening served with Chili and Cheese Bread.