I often make bread but not the old-fashioned way of doing it. I used to make it the 'proper' way but now I find I don't have the patience for all that
kneading and resting. Nowadays I just chuck everything into the bread machine and push the button. I thought it would be handy to note the breads I've been making recently - I might remember the different flavour combinations now but I won't in a month's time!
Variations on the basic bread settings for my bread machine.
- Cinco de Mayo - 1/3 cup of sweetcorn, 2 tablesps. chopped green chilis, 1 teasp. jalapenos, 1/2 cup polenta, 1 teasp. cumin.
- Chili Cheese (1) - 50 grams strong grated cheddar, 1 small red onion, 2 hot chilis, chopped, 2 teasps. chili powder.
- Chili Cheese (2) - 50 grams strong grated cheddar, 2 hot chilis, 2 teasps. hot chili powder.
- Raisin - 1/2 cup raisins, 1 teasp. cinnamon.
- Oatmeal - 1 tablesp. honey, 1/4 cup rolled oats, 2 teasps. poppy seeds.