Smoked Mackerel Bake
- 1 pkt smoked mackerel fillets - I used one from Asda
- 500 grams Charlotte new potatoes
- 1 small onion
- 250 mls. chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons horseradish (from a jar)
- Heat the oven to 180°C fan.
- Wash the potatoes, cut larger ones in half and cook with the sliced onion until just cooked.
- Drain the potatoes and put into a shallow baking dish that has been very lightly greased with olive oil.
- Take the skin off the mackerel and break into chunky pieces. Mix the mackerel in with the potatoes.
- Mix the horseradish with the stock and pour over the potatoes and fish.
- Cook for around 20-30 minutes until the potatoes start to brown a little.
- * Nice served with broccoli and green beans and a green salad.