- 2 eggs
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 180g caster sugar
- 275g plain flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 500g cored, peeled and diced apple
- Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas mark 4.
- Line a 20x30cm cake tin.
- Beat vegetable oil and eggs to a thick foam.
- Add the dry ingredients and vanilla. Mix together gently with a metal spoon.
- Stir in the diced apples.
- Spoon the very thick mixture into prepared tin.
- Cook for 50 - 60 minutes until nicely browned.
- Cool cake in tin for 10 minutes before removing.
- **Nice on it's own - nicer with custard**