Cheese, Leek & Potato Pie
- Short crust pastry made with 12 ozs. flour etc
- 3 leeks cut into thick slices
- Small knob butter
- Pinch dried rosemary or thyme
- 450g potatoes cut into thick slices
- 140g Cheddar cheese (or corned beef) cut into small dice
- Cook the leeks with the butter and herbs for about 20 mins until soft.
- Cook the potatoes for 4-5 mins until just cooked.
- Drain the potatoes and stir into the cooked leeks.
- Leave to cool then stir in the cheese (or corned beef) and season.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Divide the pastry in two and roll one of the pieces to the size of a dinner plate.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and roll the remaining pastry to a round about 5cm bigger than the first.
- Put the filling onto the pastry on the baking sheet leaving a 4cm border.
- Brush the border with water then put the larger piece of pastry over the bottom piece. Trim the edges then press them together.
- Brush all over with egg.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until golden.