- 4 chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Sprig of thyme (or snipped rosemary)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then brown on all sides.
- Transfer to the slow cooker.
- Add the onions, peppers and garlic to the pan and fry until starting to soften.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour and cook for a minute.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, oregano, thyme (or snipped rosemary) and bay leaf.
- Bring gently to the boil then simmer for 1 minute, stirring.
- Add to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or 4-5 on high.
- ** Serve with rice, tagliatelle or boiled potatoes.