Goats Cheese Tart
- 300 g shortcrust pastry
- 200 ml double cream
- 4 eggs
- 200 g Cheddar - grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 200 g sun-dried tomatoes made into a paste
- 1 small goats' cheese
- Line a quiche tin with pastry and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove the baking beans and return the pastry case to the oven for approx. 10 minutes.
- Beat the eggs and cream together then add most of the grated cheese.
- Season with fresh black pepper.
- Spread the sun dried tomatoes (that have been made into a paste in the processor) over the pastry.
- Pour over the egg and cream mixture.
- Slice the goats cheese into 8-10 thinnish slices and put these on top of the tart. Keep 3 slices to chop small to eat with olives and a glass of wine while the tart is cooking.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese on the top.
- Bake at 180 degrees for approx. 20 minutes until it's a nice golden brown colour. Mine took 10 minutes longer so keep an eye on it.
- *** Enjoy with a salad and crusty bread (homemade foccacia is nice) or new potatoes and sugar snap peas.