- Olive oil
- Large onion, chopped
- Large potato, cubed
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 large sausages
- 200g bacon
- 400g can of haricot or any white beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sugar
- Black pepper
- Splash of red wine
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- SLOW COOKER
- Fry the onions, celery, carrots and potato in the olive oil until starting to soften.
- Add the sausages and bacon. Fry the sausages until brown all round.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute, then add the tin of beans and tomato pureé.
- Add the paprika, thyme, oregano and pepper and stir.
- Add the wine and turn up the heat until boiling, then simmer it for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and sugar and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, stir and then simmer until you have a good consistency for the sauce.
- Cook for 5 - 6 hours and add a half teaspoon of sugar if need.
- ** Served with orzo.