Tomato & Goats’ Cheese Tart
- 375g shop bought puff pastry
- 4 large vine tomatoes
- 1 large red onion - sliced
- 10 sundried tomatoes - drained and chopped
- 180g goats’ cheese cut into rounds
- 1 tablesp. good quality Dijon mustard - I use Maille
- Good shake dried and roasted mixed herbs
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, gas 6.
- Unroll the pastry sheet on to a baking tray. Score a 1/2 inch border around the edge.
- Prick the base with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes until risen and pale gold.
- While the pastry's cooking, cook the red onion, slowly, in olive oil and butter until it's quite soft and just starting to colour. Add a splash of balsamic if you like.
- Remove the pastry case from the oven and gently press down the middle.
- Spread the mustard over the base and leave to cool and dry a little while.
- Arrange the onions on top then cover with the tomatoes.
- Add the sundried tomatoes and season with the herbs and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the goats’ cheese over the top and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Serve hot or cold.
- Serve with salad. And wine.