Vegetable, Tomato and Bean Soup
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely sliced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil, oregano and whatever other herb you like.
- 3 medium potatoes cut into chunks
- 2 sliced courgettes
- 1 can good tomatoes
- 1 carton passata
- 1 1/2 litres stock
- 1 tin white beans
- 3 handfuls kale or spring greens
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add 2 Tbsp oil, onion, garlic, carrot and cook for 5 minutes.
- Next add courgettes, potatoes, tomatoes, passata and stock.
- Season and add herbs.
- Bring soup to a simmer and then reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add the rinsed beans then simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Add kale, stir and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Serve with chunks of bread or better still, add dumplings to the pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- 11:08:15 - We've had this loads of times now and it's always really nice. Last night I didn't have any potatoes so I added 3 heaped tablespoons of red lentils - it was even better and even better still today. 🙂