Vegetarian Chinese Dumplings
- 4 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 30g Pak choi, finely chopped
- 30g Mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Small red onion, finely chopped
- 30g Bamboo shoots, finely chopped
- 30g Bean sprouts, rinsed well and chopped
- 30g Kale, finely chopped
- 1 Chilli, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Dumpling wrappers (or wontons)
- Hot dumpling sauce to serve
- Heat half a tablespoon of the oil in a wok over a high heat. Add all the vegetables and stir fry for a couple of minutes til the vegetables have softened. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cool.
- Place one tsp of the fried vegetables in the centre of each wrapper. Damp the egdes with water and fold over pasty style and pinch the edges together well.
- Place the dumplings in a steamer over boiling waterand steam for six minutes.
- Heat the rest of the oil in a shallow pan and cook the dumplings on one side until golden-brown. Drain on kitchen paper before serving.
- Known as Potstickers in China these are best served with a hot Dumpling sauce, sweet chili and soy for dipping.
- Vary the ingredients to what you have available.