Lemon & Rosemary Cake
- 175g soft margarine
- 275g castor sugar
- 175g SR flour
- 50g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons (needed 100 mls lemon juice)
- 1 sprig rosemary plus 2 tablesps. rosemary leaves)
- 1 tablesp. poppy seeds
- Heat oven to 180°C - Gas 4
- Grease 24 cms loaf tin.
- Put the sprig of rosemary in the lemon juice with 100 grams of the sugar. Stir til dissolved.
- Put the rosemary leaves with the plain flour into a small processor and process til the leaves are tiny pieces.
- Put this and the SR flour into a large bowl.
- Add the sugar, marg and eggs and mix with a hand mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Put the mix into the tin and cook for approx. 1 hour.
- Leave the cake in the tin and after 5 minutes prick the top with a kebab stick and pour over the lemon juice mixture.
- **Sprinkle with the poppy seeds if you like them.